What does chess in education research reveal?
Because of the math, literacy, and critical thinking skills inherent in the game, chess as an educational tool can have a positive impact on students. Teachers report improved attitudes toward school and increased self-confidence in students who play chess.
As a result, chess in education research is an emerging field of study both within the United States and internationally. Rather than maintain an exhaustive list of research papers, this site provides a few links to compendiums of research as well as important recent papers.
Compendiums and Recent Research
- Teaching with Chess: Exploring the Relationship between Chess and Student Learning Outcomes [source: chessinschools.us]
- Compilation of Chess and Education Research Studies [source: chess.com]
- Research [source: chessinschools.co.uk]
- Twelve Research Reports into Chess and Education [source: chessplus.net]
- Chess in Education Research [source: edu.fide.com]
- Chess Studies Literature Review [source: stlouischessclub.org]